Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
To view the SEND Information Report, click here to download.
The Gateway Learning Community (GLC) is a partnership of inclusive schools in Tilbury and Chadwell St Mary, Thurrock. We are committed to a whole school approach to inclusion for all the children and young people within our trust of five academies. We tailor the range of support available to children and young people (CYP) in the GLC to ensure that all can receive an outstanding education. Our overarching aim is that CYP in our academies can progress to the next stage in their life as independent and resilient learners.
Statement on Inclusion
Our academies collaborate and share best practice through a number of task groups that focus on the educational, emotional and social needs of our learners. We cater for diverse needs within the academies in our community and believe that our curricula fully support the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our children and young people.
Whilst valuing and recognising diversity in abilities, strengths and needs, we believe that every child and young person has the right to:
- feel they belong to their academy and the GLC
- feel valued and respected as an individual
- feel safe and free from bullying and teasing related to their needs, strengths and abilities
- be given opportunities to mix with children with a variety of needs, strengths and abilities
- have their needs met
- be given support to build their confidence and self esteem
- be able to participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers
- be supported in reaching their full educational potential
Information and Guidance
The GLC has updated our Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Policy to reflect the SEND Code of Practice 2014 (CoP); the policy can be accessed here. Contact details for each academy can be found here.
Should parents or carers need hard copies of this document please contact the SENCo (Special Needs Co-ordinator) of their child’s academy.
The Graduated Approach to SEND Provision
To view the academies approach to SEND provision, please click here