Attendance vs Days off school
- A calendar year has 365 days, or 52 weeks or 12 months
- A school year has 195 days, or 39 weeks or 6 terms
- INSET School Training Days total 5 in each year
- Pupils expected to attend 190 days
- School day is divided into two sessions, therefore, pupils should have 380 sessions a year.
Attendance target for the Gateway Primary Free School is 96%
- 1 Day off per school year means attendance will only ever reach 99.5%
- 10 Days off per school year means attendance will only ever reach 94.7%
- 20 Days off per school year means attendance will only ever reach 90%
Poor school attendance can result in:
- Academic Underachievement
- Difficulty in making or keeping friendship groups
- Loss of child’s confidence and self-esteem
Research has proved that children who have poor school attendance when at Primary Schools are more likely to truant when in secondary school.
To see our weekly attendance figures, please refer to the Newsletters page - click here to view